07/06/2015

Mummy, can I have the same make up as you?

My daughter loves sitting with me & watching me do my make up. Don't all little girls? After she did a makeover for me recently which I blogged about here she has been asking to help me do it lots but hadn't asked if she could have hers done. Until now!

I am personally not a fan of young children wearing make up but I don't mind it so much when we are in the house & will sometimes let her have a bit of sparkle on her eyes. Or if she is going to a party or on holiday etc. And she has some children's lip glosses which she likes wearing at weekends. But last weekend she sat with me while I did mine & kept asking to help but as we were going out I thought it was safer if I did it myself!! Then she asked if I could do hers the same as mine when we got back & I agreed as knew we weren't going back out again. Plus I thought it would make a fun blog post...!

She never forgets anything so after I'd had a rest she wanted to know if it was make up time! I stressed to her that it was a one off & that she wouldn't normally be allowed it. I told her I was going take some pictures for my blog, not that she understands what it is! She chose the stuff she had seen me use earlier & sat on her bed ready for me to start. It actually made me feel a bit uncomfortable doing it but I had promised.

This was my beautiful girl before we started...


And the stuff she chose...


I tried to get away with not putting anything on her face but as I said, she doesn't forget so told me off & said she wanted some.. "You said I could mummy". I literally used a tiny bit of my cream foundation!


I then put a bit of blusher on her cheeks, it's a Soap and Glory one that my friend got me for my birthday & it's gorgeous.




She had chosen exactly the same for her eyes as I'd used, an elf cosmetics chubby stick (elf have stopped delivering in the UK so not putting a link in) & a shimmery pink from a Makeup Revolution palette.


She asked for mascara & I initially said no but then said I would, as I thought if I did it for her she would be less likely to try it herself when I wasn't looking. I applied the tiniest bit on the ends. Enough for her to think she had it on.. Her lashes are so long & I hope she will appreciate them when she's older!

The lipstick she'd chosen was my new (& only.. boo hoo) Mac one that I got from her for my birthday, in the shade Patisserie. It's so nice, a really natural pink & she loved me putting it on her (after she had a go first).



She also wanted some eyebrow powder on to be like me so I put a bit on. Quite funny really, I mean she's only 6 (going on 16)!!!


When I told her she could look in the mirror she was really excited. I told her she looked lovely but I said she looks beautiful every day & doesn't need make up. And I said again we had only done it for fun which she understood.


I saw a TV programme last week about people who 'bling their babies' & one of the mums was talking to her daughter about how people don't look nice without make up. And the little girl agreed. What sort of message is that giving your child? It made me feel quite sick that someone could put that sort of idea in their child's head. But again that's just my personal opinion.

As girly as I am, it really did make me feel uncomfortable putting make up on my little girl. I know everyone is different but that's just how I feel. Last year she did a dance show & I almost didn't recognise her when she appeared on stage as she had lots on.. I couldn't wait to get her face clean when she got home!!

I am surprised she chose such natural stuff & did expect her to pick really bright things. But she was happy & didn't mind either when I said later it was time to take it off. 



It did give me a slight glimpse into the future & I didn't like it!! She's my baby & she always will be.


Ali 
xx







Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© All About ME. Design by Fearne.