17/02/2017

Random Acts of Kindness day!

If you follow my blog you will already know how much I love random acts of kindness! I've posted before about doing them and how much of a difference they can make to someone.  One kind word really can change a person's entire day. What is it they (whoever they are!) say, that an act of kindness no matter how small is never wasted.  It's so true.

Today is National Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK) Day and the purpose of it is to urge people to be kind to each other, especially those they don't know, without any specific reason. I actually think that it should be every day as kindness costs nothing and it's so easy to do, but I do love how there is a day especially for it!

Print by Yoohoo Mail

An act of Kindness can boost happiness,  release feel good chemicals,  decrease stress and generally give an all round fuzzy feeling to those involved.

There are so many ways you can do a RAOK but a couple of examples are to pay someone a compliment.. don't just think it, say it, leave a happy note somewhere unexpected (I've done this with library books before), send a surprise card or gift, smile at a stranger, bake someone a cake or buy an extra coffee for someone when you're buying one for yourself.  I remember when my daughter was about 3 and we were on holiday. We were in a shop and I was going to buy her a Spanish dress but was 1 Euro short, so I told the shopkeeper I'd be back when I'd got the rest of the money from the hotel.  A lady in the shop overheard and insisted on paying the extra for me. She wouldn't take no for an answer and it was such a lovely thing for her to do.

I decided I wanted to send someone a surprise parcel today so I have a post on my Facebook blog page and I have asked people to tell me something kind that someone has done for them.  If you would like to join in, my daughter will be picking a number tonight before she goes to bed and all you need to do is leave a comment under my post here HERE.

Someone who really inspires kindness is Emily Coxhead who runs  The Happy Newspaper and her posts always make me smile! You can follow her on Instagram HERE. She's such a ray of sunshine!

Let me know if you have done, or been on the receiving end of, any RAOKs today :-)




Ali 
xx


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© All About ME. Design by Fearne.